ITALY LOVES ADAM LAMBERT {Riconosciuto da Sony Music Italy}

‘Idol’ Told Lambert To Keep Sexuality In The Closet, celebgossip.com - 01.08.2011

« Older   Newer »
X××Eley××X
view post Posted on 2/8/2011, 19:23

‘Idol’ Told Lambert To Keep Sexuality In The Closet

Adam-Lambert-200x200

Adam Lambert’s earlier stance on his coming out during American Idol was that it was his decision and his decision alone. However, the tune changed during his “VH1: Behind the Music” special because he states during an interview that he was told that he could not discuss or reveal his sexual preference during the life of the 2009 season of American Idol.

Lambert said: “It was hard for me because I wasn’t able to talk. Technically, being on ‘Idol’, you can’t do any interviews individually until you’re out of the show. So I was sitting there going, ‘I can’t really put in my two cents.’ It felt out of my control. And feeling out of control is scary.”

After placing 2nd on the 2009 season of ‘Idol’, Lambert ended up coming out to the world in a Rolling Stone Magazine interview a short time later. Lambert said that he had to come out because hiding his sexuality, while trying to have a career is “just not my style”.

It’s really not acceptable that American Idol thinks that Lambert’s sexually would have any effect on the show, his career, or the reputation of anyone standing on that stage. People need to get it together and realize that most people don’t care anymore and those that do care, should get over it.

VH1’s “Behind the Music” with Adam Lambert airs on August 7 at 10 p.m. ET.

© Source

0 replies since 2/8/2011, 19:23   8 views