ITALY LOVES ADAM LAMBERT {Riconosciuto da Sony Music Italy}

The English thread, i mean, why not?

« Older   Newer »
Roxy89
view post Posted on 29/5/2010, 11:46

I was wondering... since everybody seems to love English as much as I do why can't we have an English thread? We can talk to each other and improve our skills!

U dig?

EDIT: So this thread has turned in an "English Lessons Corner". What does that mean? We're obviously speaking English and we're trying to help people who are not so good by telling them what they spelled/wrote wrong and how to make it right.
Well, if you need help in English just check this thread and we'll help!

ITA Abbiamo creato questo topic per parlare solo in inglese, ma si č trasformato un po' in un angolino per lezioni di inglese. Cosa vuol dire? Qui scriveremo in inglese e si cercherą di aiutare chi non č bravissimo dicendogli cos'ha scritto in modo sbagliato e spiegandogli come si scrive o la regola grammaticale che si usa.
Se avete bisogno di aiuto in inglese scrivete qui! :D

Edited by Roxy89 - 29/5/2010, 14:12

joji
view post Posted on 29/5/2010, 11:51

yayyyyyy!! awesome idea roxy!! :D

Roxy89
view post Posted on 29/5/2010, 11:55

thanks darling!

I was thinking that we could even help people who don't know English very well, explaining things that they don't know so they can learn :)
If you're all ok with the idea I'll write an Italian part in the first post explaining everything. It'll be like "English lessons in English" lol or "English 101" lmao

joji
view post Posted on 29/5/2010, 12:01

ahahahhhahah..
Uhm yep! We could try to do this... i'm not so good in grammar 'cause i didn't study so much english at school, it was not my fault :P , but i can try :D

Roxy89
view post Posted on 29/5/2010, 12:08

don't worry, you'll learn :)

I love English 'cause I've been studying it since like third of fourth grade (man, do I wish our school system was like the American one!) and I had some pretty good teachers. Well at least until high school. Then they weren't so good, but I learned everything by studying by myself, watching movies, TV series, listening to songs and going on holiday in London.

ioio10
view post Posted on 29/5/2010, 12:22

Awwww awesome!!! :inchino:

CITAZIONE (Roxy89 @ 29/5/2010, 12:55)
If you're all ok with the idea I'll write an Italian part in the first post explaining everything. It'll be like "English lessons in English" lol or "English 101" lmao

Good idea!

I was thinking that we can also tell each others when we make grammar mistakes, so we can improve :)

CITAZIONE
(man, do I wish our school system was like the American one!)

I'm not so sure that american school system is better than our XD .... yes, they have such wonderful things as prom, sport, gli armadietti (come si diceeeeee :XD: ) and all those cool things that we see on tv-shows but they totally ignore other countries: they don't know anything about Europe and the rest of the world (both history and geography)... and they don't learn foreign languages! or... they learn them (only spanish, I think!), but they can't speak them! They are so selfish, culturally speaking.

CITAZIONE
Then they weren't so good, but I learned everything by studying by myself, watching movies, TV series, listening to songs and going on holiday in London.

The same here. I learned English watching tv shows and listening to music :P And.... now I don't understand when an english man speaks, but I totally understand when an american man speaks! :XD:

X××Eley××X
view post Posted on 29/5/2010, 12:25

I love English too =) I've been studying it for ten years *_*. Now i'm studying it at High School and i've found good teachers , i also have a teacher who comes from London.I hope to improve my English year after year because it's my dream living and working in England

and you ???

Edited by X××Eley××X - 29/5/2010, 13:27

Roxy89
view post Posted on 29/5/2010, 12:26

CITAZIONE
I was thinking that we can also tell each others when we make grammar mistakes, so we can improve :)

works for me :)

CITAZIONE
I'm not so sure that american school system is better than our XD .... yes, they have such wonderful things as prom, sport, gli armadietti (come si diceeeeee :XD: ) and all those cool things that we see on tv-shows but they totally ignore other countries: they don't know anything about Europe and the rest of the world (both history and geography)... and they don't learn foreign languages! or... they learn them (only spanish, I think!), but they can't speak them! They are so selfish, culturally speaking.

Yeah, I didn't mean school system as what they learn, but how school is structured! lol
armadietti is lockers ;)

CITAZIONE
The same here. I learned English watching tv shows and listening to music :P And.... now I don't understand when an english man speaks, but I totally understand when an american man speaks! :XD:

That's the best way! You know, I could't understand British people either at first, but after spending time in London and watching British TV Shows and stuff I learned how to understand them. Now I can watch stuff without subtitles and understand when a Brit talks to me. The American accent is easier to understand, tho.

ioio10
view post Posted on 29/5/2010, 12:32

CITAZIONE (X××Eley××X @ 29/5/2010, 13:25)
I love English too =) I've been studying it for ten years *_*. Now i'm studying it at High School and i've found good teachers , i also have a teacher who comes from London.I hope to improve my English year after year because it's my dream living and working in England

and you ???

Here I think that the last sentence is wrong... maybe "it's my dream to live and work in England" sounds better... but... I don't know :unsure:

I want to visit London so bad, but I've never been there -_- .... and I HAVE to go to the States... I don't know when, maybe when I'll be 60, but I have to go :XD:

CITAZIONE
The American accent is easier to understand, tho.

ITA. I don't understand pepole who says "I understand British English but not American English".... what???? Seriously? :D

joji
view post Posted on 29/5/2010, 12:54

CITAZIONE (Roxy89 @ 29/5/2010, 13:26)
CITAZIONE

That's the best way! You know, I could't understand British people either at first, but after spending time in London and watching British TV Shows and stuff I learned how to understand them. Now I can watch stuff without subtitles and understand when a Brit talks to me. The American accent is easier to understand, tho.

I'm like Roxy, now i clearly understand when someone is english or american and... i event start to love the english accent :o:

I've visited the UK 4th times (3 times London and 1 Cardiff Bay :blush: ) and i hope to go back there soon... But, my next trip, will be in the USA... finally i will go in NYC and LA the next year :inchino: and all 'cause i've ask this trip as gift for my graduation @ university :XD:

Roxy89
view post Posted on 29/5/2010, 13:08

Ok, don't hate on me, but I gotta tell you some mistakes you did. I ain't no teacher, obviously (I even dropped out from school) but here's what I think it's wrong and how to make it right:

CITAZIONE
because it's my dream living and working in England

I think "because my dream is to live and work in England" is better. :)

CITAZIONE
i event start to love the english accent

Here is "I even started to love blablabla"

CITAZIONE
and all 'cause i've ask this trip as gift for my graduation @ university

And here is "and that's because I've asked for this trip as a gift for my graduation from the University"

I'm going to update the first topic right now, explaining everything about our English lessons. lol

aw but before I do that I'd love to give you all a really interesting link I found a couple of months ago and it's been really useful to understand when people talk/write slang: www.internetslang.com/

ioio10
view post Posted on 29/5/2010, 13:12

Thanks Roxy for the tips and the link! Here is another website... I love it! www.urbandictionary.com/

CITAZIONE (joji @ 29/5/2010, 13:54)
finally i will go in NYC and LA the next year :inchino: and all 'cause i've ask this trip as gift for my graduation @ university :XD:

Sadly I didn't have any gif for my graduation :( too much money... But I wished I could ask a trip through the Usa :wub:
(qui ho fatto qualche errore sicuro, Roxy, correggi :XD:)

Roxy89
view post Posted on 29/5/2010, 13:17

CITAZIONE (ioio10 @ 29/5/2010, 14:12)
Sadly I didn't have any gif for my graduation :( too much money... But I wished I could ask a trip through the Usa :wub:

lol I think the first half of the sentence is correct.
The second half is "But I wish I could have asked for a trip to the USA".

Going to the USA is my dream too. I really wanna see New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco. Maybe someday...

X××Eley××X
view post Posted on 29/5/2010, 13:27

[QUOTE=Roxy89,29/5/2010, 14:08]
Ok, don't hate on me, but I gotta tell you some mistakes you did. I ain't no teacher, obviously (I even dropped out from school) but here's what I think it's wrong and how to make it right:

CITAZIONE
because it's my dream living and working in England

I think "because my dream is to live and work in England" is better. :)

yes you're right XD

joji
view post Posted on 29/5/2010, 13:29

CITAZIONE (Roxy89 @ 29/5/2010, 14:17)
CITAZIONE (ioio10 @ 29/5/2010, 14:12)

lol I think the first half of the sentence is correct.
The second half is "But I wish I could have asked for a trip to the USA".

Going to the USA is my dream too. I really wanna see New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco. Maybe someday...

thanks for the correction :D

uh, that 3 cities will be exactly the ones i'll see in my trip... but SF only 'cause i've a couple of friend that willl move there this summer :XD:

73 replies since 29/5/2010, 11:46   486 views